This section details the installation, configuration, and verification of objects used in the NERC Compliance Automation Suite. When this section is complete, the LogRhythm Platform Manager (Event Manager) will have all the proper components needed for NERC compliance.
The NERC Pre-Implementation Checklist is used to collect all necessary infrastructure details used to configure the NERC Compliance Automation Suite. During this phase the following items should be collected:
- Log Source Lists
- User Lists
- General Value Lists
Install and Enable the Compliance Module
The NERC Compliance Automation Suite is provided as part of the LogRhythm Knowledge Base. Updating the LogRhythm Knowledge Base automatically creates the proper Lists, AIE Rules, Investigations, Reports, Reporting Packages. Follow the instructions below to Import the Knowledge Base.
- Download the latest Knowledge Base, available under Documentation & Downloads on the LogRhythm Community.
- Open the LogRhythm Console.
On the Tools menu, click Knowledge, and then click Knowledge Base Manager.
To open the Knowledge Base Manager, the Deployment Manager must be closed.
- On the File menu, click Import Knowledge Base File.
- Select the newly downloaded Knowledge Base file, and then click Next to unpack and validate it.
This step takes a few minutes as the system unpacks the new Knowledge Base.
When the import is complete, you may have the option to preview common event changes.
You should now be on step 4, “Import Knowledge Base.”
- To import the Knowledge Base, click Next.
Upon completion, the Import Progress Import Completed message appears.
- Click OK.
The Knowledge Base Updated message appears.
- Click OK.
- On the Knowledge Base Import Wizard, click Close.
- In the Knowledge Base Modules grid, scroll down, search for NERC-CIP Compliance Automation Suite.
- Locate the Enabled column in the grid for the module. If the box is checked, the Module is already enabled and available to users in the SIEM deployment. If the Enabled box is not checked, enable the Module by selecting its Action check box, right-clicking the Module name, then clicking Actions, and clicking Enable Module.
- Click Next to import the Knowledge Base.
You will receive confirmation that the import was successful.
- Click Next to review common event changes, or close the Knowledge Base import dialog box.
Verify the Installation
After you install the Knowledge Base, the NERC-CIP Compliance Automation Suite should be ready to configure. This section shows how you can verify that the NERC-CIP Compliance Automation Suite has been installed properly.
Verify eleven (11) total Lists are contained in the List Manager.
Check AIE Rules
Verify forty-three (43) AI Engine Rules are contained in the Advanced Intelligence (AI) Engine Rule Manager found in the Deployment Manager.
Verify forty-two (42) Investigations are contained in the LogRhythm Client Console.
Verify sixty-seven (67) Reports are contained in the Reports tab of the Report Center.