The Alarm Rule Wizard guides you through creating an alarm rule. When you access the wizard, it opens to the Primary Criteria tab by default. You are only required to enter information on the Primary Criteria and Information tabs. All the other tabs are optional. Click Next to skip any of the tabs as you work through the Alarm Rule Wizard.
- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- Click the Alarm Rules tab.
- Right-click the grid, and then click New.
- In the dialog box, choose from the following:
- Yes. Create a Global Rule. Actions can be assigned to Global Rules.
- No. Create a private rule. Actions cannot be assigned to Private Rules.
The Alarm Rule window appears.
The Filter Editor for alarm rules is the same as that used in Investigations, Tails, Personal Dashboards, Reports, Log Distribution Services, and the SecondLook Wizard.
- Complete the information in the following tabs:
- Click OK.