You must be logged in as an Administrator to take this action.
- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- Click the Log Processing Policies tab.
- On the File menu, click New.
The Log Source Type Selector appears.
- Select a Record Type Filter to populate the Log Source Type list.
- Select the Log Source Type for which the policy applies.
- Use the filtering options at the top of the pane if the list is long.
- Click OK.
The MPE Policy Editor appears.
Assign a name to the policy, add a description, and modify the default MPE Rule Timeout, if you want.
A default timeout of 100 milliseconds is applied to each rule in a policy. When an MPE policy is applied, logs are evaluated against each rule for no longer than this timeout period. The timeout helps to ensure that one or more rules does not slow down the MPE. Over time, rules that take too long to process could eventually force the Mediator to restart. For information about troubleshooting poor-performing rules, see Troubleshoot MPE Rule Performance.
- Modify rule settings in the lower pane.
- Select the Enabled check box for each rule to include in the policy.
To override the default aging and event settings, select the Edit check box, right-click the selection, and then click Properties.
The MPE Policy Rule Editor appears.
The edits you make apply to all the rules that are currently selected.
- To return to the MPE Policy Editor, click OK.
- To close the MPE Policy Editor, click OK.