Follow the steps below to maintain your current installation of the Threat Intelligence Service. When upgrading the Threat Intelligence Service, your existing configuration will be maintained.
Download the Threat Intelligence installer.
- Copy the installer to the computer where the service is currently installed.
- Right-click the installer, then click Run as administrator.
When the welcome screen appears, click Next to continue.
If you see a “Pending Reboot” message, reboot your system and launch the installer again or ignore this message and proceed.
- On the Program Maintenance screen, select the from the following actions:
- Modify. Change the way program features are installed.
- Repair. Reinstall the service to repair any missing or corrupted files.
- Remove. Remove the Threat Intelligence Service.
- Click Next to proceed. If you selected the Repair or Remove option, skip to step 9.
- On the Custom Setup screen, select the installation option for the Threat Intelligence Service, then click Next.
Click Install to modify or repair the service, or click Remove to uninstall the service.
For the Repair or Remove option, select the Launch Threat Intelligence Configuration tool check box on the installer’s last dialog to launch the service configuration tool after the installation is complete, if desired.
Click Finish to exit the installer.
The service is configured to start automatically when the operating system starts. The service will fail to start in any of the following cases: the EMDB is not accessible, the EMDB connection details have not been configured, the list_import path has not been set, or the list_import directory is not accessible.