If the Web Console is not installed on the same machine as the Client Console, the CaseAPIURL property must be edited to reflect the URL of the Web Console. This allows central LogRhythm Administration to know the location of the Case API and API authorization. If the Web Console is installed on the same machine as the Client Console, you do not need to update the Case API URL. You can go straight to the process to create an API Account for your integration. The process for doing so is described in the second set of instructions below.
To update the Case API URL:
- Log in to the Client Console as a Global Administrator.
- Click Deployment Manager and then the Platform Manager tab.
- On the Platform Manager tab, click Properties.
- In the Platform Manager Properties dialog box, click Advanced. The Alarming and Reporting Services Advanced Properties dialog box appears.
- In the CaseAPIURL row, click in the Value cell and type the URL of the machine on which the Web Console is installed (for example: ).
- Click OK to save the changes. The Platform Manager Properties dialog box appears.
Click OK to close the Platform Manager Properties dialog box.