The LogRhythm Web Service Application Pool needs a user that has a LogRhythm “WebServiceAdmin” account role. The account also needs to have Web API access granted on the User Profile page. This should be a new user specifically used by the LogRhythm SOAP API. This will not be set up by the installer, so a new user will need to be created and selected manually. For detailed instructions, see SOAP API Windows Authentication Setup (LogRhythm 7.x.x).
- On the Web Service API server, open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Select Application Pools.
- Open the Advanced Settings for the LogRhythmAppPool.
- Open the Identity dialog.
- Select Custom Account and enter the account name and password for the service account.