The 201 CMR 17 Pre-Implementation Checklist is used to collect all necessary infrastructure details used to configure the 201 CMR 17 Compliance Module. During this phase the following items should be collected:
- Log Sources
Install and Enable the Compliance Module
The 201 CMR 17 Compliance Module is provided as part of the LogRhythm Knowledge Base. Updating the LogRhythm Knowledge Base automatically creates the proper Lists, AIE Rules, Investigations, Reports, Reporting Packages. Follow the instructions below to Import the Knowledge Base.
- Download the latest Knowledge Base, available under Documentation & Downloads on the LogRhythm Community.
- Open the LogRhythm Console.
On the Tools menu, click Knowledge, and then click Knowledge Base Manager.
To open the Knowledge Base Manager, the Deployment Manager must be closed.
- On the File menu, click Import Knowledge Base File.
- Select the newly downloaded Knowledge Base file, and then click Next to unpack and validate it.
This step takes a few minutes as the system unpacks the new Knowledge Base.
When the import is complete, you may have the option to preview common event changes.
You should now be on step 4, “Import Knowledge Base.”
- To import the Knowledge Base, click Next.
Upon completion, the Import Progress Import Completed message appears.
- Click OK.
The Knowledge Base Updated message appears.
- Click OK.
- On the Knowledge Base Import Wizard, click Close.
- In the Knowledge Base Modules grid, scroll down, search for Compliance Automation Suite: GDPR.
- Locate the Enabled column in the grid for the module. If the box is checked, the Module is already enabled and available to users in the SIEM deployment. If the Enabled box is not checked, enable the Module by selecting its Action check box, right-clicking the Module name, then clicking Actions, and clicking Enable Module.
- Click Next to import the Knowledge Base.
You will receive confirmation that the import was successful.
- Click Next to review common event changes, or close the Knowledge Base import dialog box.
Verify the Installation
After you install the Knowledge Base, the 201 CMR 17 Compliance Module should be ready to configure. This section shows how you can verify that the 201 CMR 17 Compliance Module has been installed properly.
Verify five (5) totalare contained in the List Manager.
Verify two (2) Investigations are contained in the LogRhythm Client Console.
Check Summary Reports
Verify twenty-four (24)are contained in the Reports tab of the Report Center.