This document describes the upgrade procedure for LogRhythm High Availability (HA) systems to the current version of LogRhythm SIEM using the LogRhythm Database Upgrade Tool and the LogRhythm Install Wizard. The LogRhythm Database Upgrade Tool updates the LogRhythm databases only. The LogRhythm Install Wizard is used to upgrade the software components.
Starting with LogRhythm 7.8, the High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) software was decoupled from the SIEM software. There will no longer be a new upgrade package provided for HA/DR with every SIEM release.
The current version of HA and DR software is 10.1. The same files used to upgrade to the previous version of LogRhythm SIEM will be used to upgrade to the current version.
Before You Begin
- If you are upgrading a standard LogRhythm deployment, see the Upgrade a LogRhythm Deployment.
- Upgrades from 6.x deployments to a current-version deployment are not supported. If you have a LogRhythm 6.x deployment, do not upgrade. Uninstall your deployment, and then complete a fresh installation according to the instructions in Install a New LogRhythm Deployment.
This upgrade guide describes how to update the following LogRhythm components:
- Alarming and Response Manager
- Job Manager
- Mediator Server
- Client Console
- AI Engine
- All LogRhythm Databases
- Data Indexer
- LogRhythm Knowledge Base
- (Optional) All Windows System Monitor Agents
- (Optional) All *NIX System Monitor Agents