This document helps you determine a platform for the LogRhythm Software and provides instructions for installing LogRhythm on your own systems.
Before installing the LogRhythm Software, ensure the following:
- Administrative permissions to complete the assigned preparation and installation.
- Dedicated hardware and/or virtual environments are configured as outlined in this installation guide.
The LogRhythm Infrastructure Installer
The LogRhythm Deployment Tool, also called the Infrastructure Installer, coordinates the installation and configuration of the LogRhythm Common Components (LR Common) across a set of machines.
LRCommon currently contains:
- LogRhythm API Gateway
- LogRhythm Service Registry
- LogRhythm Metrics Collection
Note the following requirements of the Infrastructure Installer:
- User Access. The user needs to be able to log on to each host in the deployment in order to run the Host Infrastructure Installer.
- Elevated Execution. The tool executes local commands under an elevated context. The user running the tool must have permission to elevate the execution.
Network Time. The times on the hosts must be synchronized. This is a requirement for SSL certificates that are shared among the hosts in the deployment. If times are not synchronized, this tool will likely report that consul is unable to elect a leader.If this prerequisite is not met, the deployment may not function properly after installation is complete.