Before starting the installation process, you should download the LogRhythm tools and software that will be needed during setup, as follows:
- Ensure you have access to the LogRhythm Database Install Tool. A download link should have been provided along with your LogRhythm license. If you cannot locate this tool, contact LogRhythm Support.
- Download the LogRhythm Installation Wizard, available on the LogRhythm Community.
- If you are installing a Data Indexer or cluster of Indexers on Linux, download the Installation ISO from the link provided with your LogRhythm license.
- Download TLS 1.2 Patches and Hotfixes, available on the LogRhythm Community.
To enable communication over TLS 1.2 for all LogRhythm SIEM components, your base deployment must meet the following requirements:
- Platform Manager is running SQL Server 2016 Standard SP1 or SQL Server 2019.
LogRhythm SIEM core components on Windows are running Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2..NET 4.7.2 will be installed by component installers that require it.
After ensuring that your base deployment meets the above requirements, .NET 4.7.2 rollup updates are required on all Windows appliances or servers running LogRhythm components.
Installers for all the required patches and hotfixes are available in a .zip file on the Community Downloads page for the current release, under TLS 1.2 Support. You should download LR_75x_TLS_support.zip, extract its contents, and then distribute the required installers to the required appliances or computers in your deployment.