To edit a Deep Packet Analytics Rule, do the following:
- Open the NetMon Web Management interface.
- On the top navigation bar, click Rules, and then click the Deep Packet Analytics Rules tab.
- Locate the rule you want to edit in the Manage Custom DPA Rules table.
- Click the Edit icon in the row of the rule you want to edit.
The rule editor appears.
- To change the editor in use, select the desired emulator next to Editor, as follows:
- Modify the content of the rule in the editor panel on the left side of the window.
For more information, see Deep Packet Analytics Rule Examples or the Programming in Lua guide.
Modify the author, scope, description, and whether or not the rule is enabled using the controls on the right side of the window.The rule name is only editable in the content of the rule itself. It cannot be changed in the Name box. If you attempt to rename a rule using the name of an existing rule, the changes are canceled and an error is displayed at the top of the rules table.
- To commit your changes and close the editor, click Save. Or, to undo any changes and return to the configuration page, click Cancel.