A Log Distribution Services policy identifies which logs to distribute to a selected Log Distribution Receiver.
Use the Log Distribution Receiver Manager to define:
- Network Settings including the external syslog receivers Host IP and Port, TCP or UDP network protocol, and ASCII, UTF-8, or Windows-1252 text encoding.
- The syslog and non-syslog message format to use when forwarding them to the external syslog receiver.
- A priority (PRI) value to use in the log messages for non-syslog sources.
- The host identifier value to use in the log messages for syslog and non-syslog sources.
- The timestamp value to use in the log messages for syslog and non-syslog sources.