The Day and Time Criteria tab of the Filter Editor allows you to define the time span within which an event must occur to trigger an alarm. For example, when both these things are true:
- The day and time search criteria is 3/4/10 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
- An aggregate log message exists with three logs that occur between 12:30 PM and 3:00 PM of 3/4/10.
The log message will be included in the search results because an occurrence may fall within the 1:00-2:00 time span.
To configure day and time criteria
- Confirm that the correct time zone is selected on the Day and Time Criteria tab.
- Click Add.
A row is added to the list with a start and end for the day and time.
- To modify the Start Day and End Day fields, click the down-arrow at the right and select an option from the list.
- To modify the Start Time and End Time fields, click the down-arrow at the right and select AM or PM from the list, and then enter the hour.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 until you have entered all the time constraints required for this rule.
- When you complete the Day and Time Criteria tab, click Next to move to the next the tab.