You can define a host record for a Windows IIS device, establish an MPE policy for IIS logs, and add a log source to begin collection of IIS logs.
- Create a host record for the system. For more information, see Add Host Records Manually.
- Click the System Monitors tab.
- Install and configure System Monitors on the host.
- Add a log message source to the host's System Monitor Agent. For more information, see Add a Single Log Source.
- Click the Log Sources tab.
In the lower grid, double-click the log source.
- In the Log Message Source Type properties field, select the correct type of IIS log to be collected from the device.
- In the Log Message Processing Engine (MPE) Policy field, select LogRhythm Default.
- On the Flat File Settings tab, specify the File Path to the location of the log files and select the correct Date Parsing Format for the log type.
- To save the settings and close the window, click OK.
The agent updates automatically and begins log collection. No restart of the scsm service is required.