To complete adding an Active Directory group as a filter in a search
- Begin to configure your search, rule, or policy. Add an Active Directory group as a filter to any of the following:
- Report Center
- Personal Dashboard
- Create an Alarm Rule
- Log Distribution Policy Manager
- When you reach the Specify Event Selection screen or Include/Exclude Filters screen, select an Active Directory filter type from the Add New Field Filter options.
- Click Edit Values.
- Select a Filter Mode, and then click Add Item to display the Active Directory Group Browser.
- To select one or more group records, select the Action check box.
- To add the records as filters, click OK.
The users within the group are used when querying for the appropriate logs.