To modify the basic properties of a data processor:
- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- Click the Data Processors tab.
- Double-click the Data Processor you want to configure.
Find the component you want to configure and adjust the settings in the Value column according to the information in the following table.
Property Description Host
The host where the Data Processor software physically resides.
Platform The platform for the Data Processor.
Data Processor Name
A unique name for the Data Processor. The name cannot be the same as an existing or previously deleted Data Processor. If you are connecting to an existing host with a Data Processor, the Data Processor field is populated.
If this is the first machine in the cluster, enter a name for the cluster.
If this not the first machine in the cluster, select a cluster name from the list.
- Offline. Data Processor is unavailable for use.
- Online Active. Data Processor is online for active log data collection and analysis. (Default)
- Online Archive. Data Processor is online for use in archive restoration and analysis.
Message Processing Engine Settings
- Enabled by default: This tells the MPE to actively process logs coming from this Data Processor.
- Disabled by default: This value is used by the Message Processing Engine to determine whether the MPE should forward messages to the Platform Manager. If checked, the MPE does not forward any events to the Platform Manager, regardless of the MPE Rule configuration. This setting can be used to disable all event forwarding.
Heartbeat Warning Interval
The number of seconds that a heartbeat signal from this Agent can be late by, before a Missing Heartbeat Warning event is generated. Warnings continue to be generated, at this interval, until a heartbeat is successfully received. Default: 60
This property must have a different setting than the AE_HeartbeatMonitorInterval property set in Modify Platform Manager Advanced Properties to prevent unpredictable behavior.
License Status The current status of licensing for the selected Data Processor.