The Text File Alarm Notification feature allows LogRhythm administrators to write alarm notifications to a text file in near-real-time. These alarm records are formatted as a simple set of delimited text fields that can be read by many different applications. For example, you can configure BMC PatrolAgent to collect alarm records and feed them to an event/impact management system. For more information, see Define a Text File Notification Policy.
- Do one of the following to access the Notification Policy Manager:
- Administrators. On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager. On the Tools menu, click Distribution, click Notifications and Collaboration, and then click Notification Policy Manager from the main menu.
- Non-Administrators. On the My LogRhythm menu, click My Notification Policies.
- On the File menu, click, New Text File Policy.
- Enter the Base File Path on the ARM host. The Base File Path may be a:
- File path. Example: D:\Alarms\Alarms.txt
- Directory path. Example: D:\Alarms\
- UNC path. Example: \\FileSrv03\Alarms\
- Select the appropriate alarm record format and file rollover settings.
- Select and set the order of the Include Alarm Fields you want.
- To save the policy, click OK.
To close the Notification Policy Manager, click OK.
A new private policy is created.