You must be logged in as an Administrator to take this action.
- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- On the Tools menu, click Knowledge, and then click Common Event Manager.
The Common Event Manager appears.
- On the File menu, click New.
The Common Event Properties window appears.
- In the Name field, type a name for the Common Event.
- Click the button to the right of the Classification field.
The Classification window appears.
- Select the most appropriate Classification for the Common Event being created.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Enter any additional details or notes in the Brief Description field.
Select a Risk Rating from the range 0, No Rating, to 9, High-High.
Choose a rating level that best defines the severity of the event. For example, an event describing the status of a running process could be classified as Informational and given a rating of 0. An event classified as Operations: Error would have a rating of 7.
- (Optional) On the Associated Knowledge Base Artifacts tab, you can add Knowledge Base artifacts. Knowledge Base Artifacts externally reference additional information associated with the Common Event.
- Click OK.