Only Global Admins or Restricted Admins with elevated View and Manage privileges can take this action.
After an Agent has been accepted, you cannot change the Entity to which it belongs. You must retire the Agent and accept it again with the new Entity selected.
To connect an agent to a different Entity:
- Under Administrative Tools on the Agent's server, open the Services panel.
- Right-click LogRhythm System Monitor Service, and then click Stop.
- Open the LogRhythm Client Console.
- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- Click the System Monitors tab.
- Select the Action check box of the Agent that needs to be connected to a new Entity.
- Right-click the selection, click Actions, and then click Retire.
- To confirm you want to retire the Agent, click OK.
- On the Agent's server, go to C:\Program Files\LogRhythm\LogRhythm System Monitor\config.
- Delete the agentguid.cfg file.
- In the Services panel, right-click LogRhythm System Monitor Service, and then click Start.
- Return to the System Monitors tab in the Client Console.
- On the main toolbar, click the Refresh icon.
- In the upper grid, select the Action check box of the pending Agent. If there is more than one, open the new agentguid.cfg file that was created when you restarted the service, and then select the pending agent whose Agent GUID matches the one in the file.
- Right-click the selection, and then click Properties.
- In the Resolved Known Host section, click Browse.
- Select the new Entity and then click OK.
The Resolved Known Host field should be blank.
- To return the System Monitor tab, click OK.
- Select the Action check box of the Agent again, click Actions, and then click Accept.
- Select the Override entity for new hosts check box, and then click the […] button.
- Select the new Entity and click OK.
- Click OK again.
The Agent should now appear in the lower grid with the correct Entity displayed in the Host Entity column.