To configure TopX widgets to display different types of graphs and data:
- Hover your mouse over the widget and click the Settings icon.
A blue border appears around the widget and the Inspector panel opens on the right.
- In the Inspector panel, do any of the following:
- Click Auto to revert to the default from a custom title. The default title is dependent on the metadata the chart is configured to display.
- Click Custom to display a custom title for the widget. Then click in the text field below the button to type a new title.
Change the chart’s metadata display settings.The different display settings are described in the following table.
Settings in Data Charts Field Select a metadata field for graph data. For more information, see Metadata Fields. Order
Select whether to show the most popular (TopX) or least popular (BottomX) results.
Time RangeDo one of the following:
- Click the time range you want to use to filter the data in the widget. Select from time ranges spanning the last 30 minutes to the last three days, or select All.
- Click Custom Time Range. Configure another range by typing a number and selecting one of the following: months, days, hours, or minutes. The actual data set is restricted by the data available in the Web Indexer. If the time range selected is greater than the data set, the time range text shown on the widget turns orange.
If you previously set a custom time range in the Dashboard Time Range Filter, you must click Use TopX Widget’s Settings for the new widget settings to take effect.
To narrow the filtered results on the metadata field, type a Lucene "Where" clause using the following syntax:
Metadatais one of the fields listed in the "Lucene Search Syntax" columns of the Metadata Fields. For more information, see Lucene Search Syntax.
EXAMPLE "Where" clauses:
classificationName:"Security" OR classificationName:"Audit"
commonEventName:"Detected Spyware Activity"
impactedEntityName:"San Diego Headquarters"
Click Ignore on Drilldown to limit the results shown in the widget while enabling drill down searches to show all information in your environment related to the selected metadata.
- (Optional) Click the arrow to collapse the Inspector panel.