- Log on to Windows as a Windows system administrator.
- Click Start, Control Panel, and Administrative Tools.
- Click Local Security Policy.
The Local Security Settings window appears.
- In the navigation pane, click Local Policies, and then click Security Options.
- In the right-side pane, double-click System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Enabled, and then click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Close the Local Security Settings window.
- Restart the computer for the change to take affect.