A good indication that you should switch from LDS v1 to LDS v2 is to look at the number of logs dropped and the number of processing errors in your deployment. To check these performance counters:
- On the machine where you have LogRhythm installed, click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Performance Monitor.
Alternatively, open a command line and type perfmon.
- Under Monitoring Tools, click Performance Monitor.
- Press Ctrl + G until the graph type changes to a report.
- Right-click the report, and then click Add Counters.
- Under available counters, expand LogRhythm Mediator: LDS.
- Select #Logs Dropped, and then click Add.
- Select #Processing Errors, and then click Add.
- Click OK.