Only Global Admins or Restricted Admins with elevated View and Manage privileges can take this action.
If you do find you need to change a default port, path, or security setting for LogRhythm services (except for Data Indexer or Web Console), you can find the settings through the service configuration tools or through the advanced properties available in the Deployment Manager. For example, to change the ports used by a Data Processor, do the following:
- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- Click the Data Processors tab.
- Select the Data Processor you want to change, right-click it, and then click Properties.
The Data Processor Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Data Processor Advanced Properties dialog box appears.
- Scroll through the list to find the port or path you wish to change.
- Make the changes you want, click OK to close the Data Processor Advanced Properties dialog box, and then click OK to close the Data Processor Properties dialog box.
To change settings for a Data Indexer:
- Open the Configuration Manager.
- On the left, click Data Indexers.
- To enable the Advanced View, on the bottom of the page, click Show.
Modify or verify the settings.
- Click Save after making changes to the configuration. You can also click Save in the Edit menu in the upper-left corner of the Configuration Manager.
You can change settings for the Web Console by updating the Web Console config file using the following steps:
- Log in to the machine on which the Web Console is installed.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\LogRhythm\LogRhythm Web Console\Service.
- Locate the LogRhythm.Web.Services.ServicesHost.exe.config file and open it with a text editor.
- Find the config you wish to change in the list.
Change the config file with extreme caution. Providing an invalid value can break the deployment.
- Change the config and save the file.
LogRhythm Service Account Permissions
The following table summarizes access levels to the configuration for each service account.
|Service||Deployment Manager Tab||External Manager|
|PM – Job Manager||Platform Manager – Global System Settings||Platform Manager Configuration Manager|
|PM – ARM||Platform Manager – ARM Panel||Platform Manager Configuration Manager|
|PM – AIE||AI Engine – Servers tab (at bottom). Right-click the server, and then click Properties.||AIEngine Configuration Manager|
|PM – AIE COM||AI Engine – Servers tab (at bottom). Right-click the server, and then click Properties.||AIEngine Configuration Manager|
|DX – Data Indexer||N/A||Data Indexer Configuration Manager|
|PM – Web Console||N/A||Web Console Configuration|
|DP – Mediator||Data Processors. Right-click a DP, and then click Properties.||Data Processor Configuration Manager|
|Agent – All||System Monitor Agents. Right-click an agent, and then click Properties.||System Monitor Configuration Manager|