Only Global Admins or Restricted Admins with elevated View and Manage privileges can take this action.
The LogRhythm Archives are stored by default in the C:\LogRhythm Archives\Active and C:\LogRhythmArchives\Inactive directories. The Archive paths can be modified in the Data Processor Advanced Properties.
- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- Click the Data Processors tab.
- Double-click the Data Processor you want to configure.
The Data Processor Properties dialog box appears.
- In the lower left corner of the dialog box, click Advanced.
The Archive paths are set in the ActiveArchivePath and InactiveArchivePath fields.
Set the Value to any valid path (local or UNC).
If the directory that you specify does not exist, it is created automatically.
Note the following important points about setting the a valid path:
- If you specify a non-local path, the Mediator (scmedsvr) service must be set to run as a user account with rights to access the specified path. The service account can be set using the service Properties in the Windows Services control panel.
- When using an external path for inactive archives, the account under which the Mediator service is running must have delete permissions on that path. If the Mediator does not have delete permissions, you may see "path is not writable" errors in the Mediator log.
- High Availability Network Area Storage (NAS) is required for writing inactive archives to remote UNC paths.