This section explains how to create a custom IPsec policy to secure traffic between two computers. Building a custom IPsec policy takes three steps:
- Define a security rule
- Configure an IPsec filter list
- Specify the filter action
Define a Security Rule
Using ComputerA, in the left-side navigation pane of the MMC console window, right-click IP Security Policies on Local Machine, and then click Create IP Security Policy.
The folder named IP Security Policies on Local Machine/Computer is nested within the Local Computer Policy tree. To find the folder, double-click Local Computer Policy, double-click Computer Configuration, double-click Windows Settings, and then double-click Security Settings.
- Click Next.
- Enter Partner as the name of your policy, and then click Next.
- Ensure the Activate the default response rule (earlier versions of Windows only) check box is not selected (it is checked by default), and then click Next.
- Ensure the Edit Properties check box is selected (it is checked by default), and then click Finish.
The Partner Properties dialog box appears.
- In the lower-right corner of the Partner Properties dialog box, ensure the Use Add Wizard check box is selected, and then click Add.
The Security Rule Wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- Ensure This rule does not specify a tunnel is selected (selected by default), and then click Next.
- Ensure All network connections is selected (selected by default), and then click Next.
- To configure the IP Filter List, proceed to the next topic.