- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- On the Tools menu, click Administration, then click Data Loss Defender Policy Manager.
- On the File menu, click New.
Complete the following fields.
Policy Name A unique name for the policy
The description of the policy. This field is optional.
USB/Flash Drives Monitor
Monitor all USB data device operations:
- Connect. USB data device connected to host
- Disconnect. USB data device disconnected from host
- Data copy from host to USB data device
USB/Flash Drives Eject
Ejects all USB data devices when they are detected at either agent startup or when connected
Only enabled when USB/Flash Drives Monitor is also checked
CD/DVD Drives Monitor
Monitor all CD/DVD data device operations:
- Connect. Read-only CD/DVD data device connected to host
- Connect Writable. Writable CD/DVD data device connected to host
- Disconnect. CD/DVD data device disconnected from host
- Data copy from host to CD/DVD data device
The IMAPI service on Windows 2003 hosts must be enabled for DLD to work properly. Ensure that the Start Type = Enabled, not Manual or Automatic. IMAPI does not have to be running, just enabled.
CD/DVD Drives Eject
Ejects all CD/DVD data devices when they are detected at either agent startup or when connected
Only enabled when CD/DVD Drives Monitor is also checked
Saves the record, closes the window, and displays the record in the DLD Policy Managers grid
Cancels the process and closes the window without creating the record. If you click Apply before you click cancel, the record remains saved.
Saves the record without closing the window
- Click Apply, and then OK.