When browsing data in the Analyzer grid or reviewing the metadata associated to an event or alarm, you may come across data you want to do additional lookups against. Configure third-party contextualize actions to retrieve information from other data sources, and launch new browser tabs into those data sources using criteria from the Web Console interface.
To configure third-party contextualize actions:
- On the top navigation, click the Administration button and select Contextualize Actions.
- At the top of the page, click New Contextualize Action.
- In the Name field, type a Name for the action.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the action.
- Select the Fields from the list for which the contextualize action should be available.
- In the URL Path field, type the URL with
%tin place of your query. For example,
%kto designate the location for the API key, if required. To open a new browser tab with your path, click Test Path. Test Path is enabled only when a valid path has been entered.
- (Optional) In the API Key field, type the API authorization key for your query. Use
%kin the URL path to indicate where the API key should appear.
- Select the Entity, Read Permissions, and Write Permissions.
- Click Save.
The contextualize action will be available in the Inspector panel when browsing the selected fields in the Analyzer grid or TopX widgets. For more information about using contextualization, see Use Contextualize.