Only Global Admins or Restricted Admins with elevated View and Manage privileges can take this action.
- On the main toolbar, click Deployment Manager.
- Click the People tab.
- On the File menu, click New.
The Is Person an Individual? dialog box appears.
- Do one of the following:
- If you are adding an individual, click Yes.
- If you are adding a role, click No.
- Choose from the following:
- If you choose to create a Person Record, enter the person's first, middle, and last name according to your organization's standards, and then skip to step 7. The display name is automatically generated by the software in the following format: Last Name, First Name, and Middle Name.
- If you choose to create a Role, go on to step 6.
- In the Display Name field, enter the name of the role being created (for example, Restricted Analyst or Restricted Administrator).
- If not already selected, click the Contact Methods tab.
- In the Contact Methods tab, select the methods the alarming engine uses to contact this user or role when an alarm associated with them has been triggered.
- Select a Contact Method Type from the drop-down list.
- Enter relevant data, such as an email address, into the Contact Information field.
To assign an Alarm Notification Policy to the user, click Alarm Notification Policy and select an Alarm Notification Policy. The Alarm Notification Policy is used to specify the information that will be included in the notification, as well as throttle the number of notifications in an allotted time.The Notification Policy Manager automatically filters out Alarm Notification Policies that do not match the type selected in Contact Method Type.
- Click Save.
The selected contact method appears in the Contact Methods field.
- Repeat the process as necessary to include all contact methods you want.
- Click the Additional Information tab and type a Brief Description or Additional Details, as needed.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Select the appropriate permissions for this user or role from the Permissions list.