This document provides guidance on how to change IP addresses or uninstall DR using the LogRhythm DR Re-IP and Uninstall tool.
The DR Re-IP utility only works on DR deployments that leverage Always-On High Availability Groups, which exist in standalone DR versions in LogRhythm 7.3 and later. Due to SQL restrictions, changing IPs in older versions of DR and HA+DR requires re-installation. As of LogRhythm 7.5, the DR Re-IP and Uninstall tool only works with SQL authentication.
Overview of the Re-IP Process
Multiple pieces of a DR deployment can be changed with the LogRhythm DR Re-IP and Uninstall tool:
- Management IPs. These typically do not impact data mirroring, but changes to a management IP impact the failover IP, which must be in the same subnet as the management IP. Management IPs also facilitate SQL queries from scripts and are used in certain SQL jobs.
- Failover IPs. Failover IPs can be changed with the DR Re-IP and Uninstall tool.
- Cluster (DNS) Name. Cluster names can be updated with the DR Re-IP and Uninstall tool.
- Replication IPs. Replication IPs used to facilitate transaction movement between SQL Servers (XMs and PMs in LogRhythm) must be applied to endpoints for SQL and mapped to endpoints for Availability Groups, all of which is difficult to update manually. The DR Re-IP and Uninstall tool updates these elements with no additional manual steps.
- Replication Ports. By default, listeners are open for replication traffic on port 5022. This port can be changed with the DR Re-IP and Uninstall tool.
Use the DR Re-IP Utility
- From the DR Install folder, right-click DR Re-IP Uninstall.exe, and then click Run as Administrator.
Click the Re-IP tab.
Enter the IP addresses for the deployment.To proceed, every field must be populated in the correct format.
- Validate the IPs and DNS name provided, and then click Re-IP.
The Re-IP script runs.
- Review the script output to verify success.
Use the DR Uninstall Utility
The DR Uninstall utility works on all versions of LogRhythm DR.
- From the DR Install folder on the primary server, right-click DR Re-IP Uninstall.exe, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Click the Uninstall tab.
- Read the description of the uninstall process, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the confirmation prompts to launch the uninstall script. When prompted, enter sysadmin-level SQL credentials.
The uninstall script runs.
- Review the script and address any errors.
Follow steps 1-5 on the secondary server.The uninstall script on the secondary server includes a prompt to properly identify your deployment. If you are running DR in LogRhythm 7.2 and older or an HA+DR deployment in any version of LogRhythm, enter 1. If you are running DR (but not HA+DR) in LogRhythm 7.3 and later, enter 2.
Post-Uninstall Considerations and Validation
After uninstalling DR, you may need to verify the following conditions and make configuration changes elsewhere in your LogRhythm environment:
- Verify that:
- No databases are in a state of Synchronizing, Not Synchronizing, Restoring, or Suspect.
- The LogRhythm folder in the Windows Task Scheduler has been removed.
- The environment variable CONSUL_CLIENT does not exist on the XM/PM.
- All LogRhythm PM services are running.
- The SQL job LogRhythm DR Job Management is gone, and that all remaining SQL Server agent jobs are enabled.
- Change any components using the shared DNS or failover IPs in DR to instead use the management IP of the XM/PM.
- Re-run LRII, removing the host record for the Secondary server.
- In the Deployment Properties, change Does your deployment include Disaster Recovery (DR)? to No.
- From an elevated PowerShell window, run Get-Cluster. The command should fail, indicating that the cluster service is not running.