This document describes the upgrade procedure for LogRhythm High Availability + Disaster Recovery (HA + DR) systems from LogRhythm version 7.11.x to version 7.12.0 using the LogRhythm Database Upgrade Tool and the LogRhythm Install Wizard. The LogRhythm Database Upgrade Tool updates the LogRhythm databases only. The LogRhythm Install Wizard is used to upgrade the software components.
Starting with LogRhythm 7.8, the High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) software was decoupled from the SIEM software. There will no longer be a new upgrade package provided for HA/DR with every SIEM release.
The current version of HA and DR software is 10.1. The same files used to upgrade to 7.11 will be used to upgrade to 7.12.
Before You Begin
This document should only be used to upgrade LogRhythm HA+DR systems on version 7.4.x or later.
- If your deployment includes LogRhythm's HA solution version 7.3.x or earlier, you may not upgrade your LogRhythm software to 7.12.0 using this document. Obtain the appropriate software and upgrade guides from the LogRhythm Community, and then upgrade to 7.4.x using that guide.
- If you are upgrading a standard LogRhythm deployment, see the LogRhythm Upgrade Guide that is appropriate for your current version.
- If your deployment includes LogRhythm's Disaster Recovery (DR) solution, see the LogRhythm Disaster Recovery Upgrade Guide that is appropriate for your current version.
- Web Console upgrades from 6.1 and 6.2 deployments to a 7.12.0 deployment are not supported. If you have a LogRhythm Web Console 6.1.x or 6.2.x deployment, do not upgrade to 7.12.0. Uninstall your Web Console according to the instructions in the Installation Guide for your version. Then complete a fresh installation according to the instructions in Install a New LogRhythm Deployment.
This upgrade guide describes how to update the following LogRhythm components:
- Alarming and Response Manager
- Job Manager
- Mediator Server
- Client Console
- AI Engine
- All LogRhythm Databases
- Data Indexer
- LogRhythm Knowledge Base
- (Optional) All Windows System Monitor Agents
- (Optional) All *NIX System Monitor Agents